The Ortho Molecular Answer
|What's New||·||Podcasts||·||Illnesses||·||Case Studies||·||Articles||·||Resources||·||Supplements|
- Individuals with autism require proper nutrition, vitamin and mineral supplementation along with expert psychological help
- Food allergies play important role in the development of this disease
- Allergies to dairy products and wheat, along with other staple foods in one's diet, are suspected to result in a clinical diagnosis of autism.
- Often times allergies are overlooked as a potential cause for autism because many doctors of modern medicine do not consider them to be a potential cause.
- Many children with diagnosis of autism have been symptom-free when dairy and wheat are eliminated from their diets
If the cause of autism is suspected to be reactions to food, an Ortho Molecular therapist may likely determine the source by taking a detailed food history and placing the client on the elimination diet:
- Remove foods to which one is allergic or which are toxic for a minimum of two weeks.
- Monitor symptoms to see if there is improvement.
- Reintroduce each food one at a time to determine which foods are causing an adverse reaction. If health deteriorates with the introduction of a specific food then it is toxic to your body and should be avoided, often for life.
- staple foods in diet eaten every three days or so
(This program must be customized by an Ortho Molecular Therapist)
- Pyridoxine - Vitamin B6 in doses ranging up to 250mg after 3 meals
- B-Complex 50s
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Zinc and magnesium may be used to decrease irritability that may occur with B-6
- If visual problems are present where child will not look you in the eye they may need Vitamin A in doses of up to 10,000 IU daily