The Ortho Molecular Answer
|What's New||·||Podcasts||·||Illnesses||·||Case Studies||·||Articles||·||Resources||·||Supplements|
- Nearly 10% of adults suffer from alcohol addiction due to vitamin B-3 (Niacin) deficiency.
- Ortho Molecular research suggests that the body's metabolism of alcohol is believed to be decreased resulting in excess chemicals in the brain that ultimately result in addiction.
- Alcohol is essentially liquid sugar. Alcoholics have likely had an addiction to sugar developed in childhood that later develops into alcoholism.
- Metabolic defects of the body may lead to anxiety, tension and fatigue which as life progresses are self treated using alcohol.
- A customized prescribed dietary and nutritional supplement program is used by Ortho Molecular therapists to reduce or eliminate symptoms of alcohol dependency.
- Many modern diets are high in calories and low in nutrients. An alcoholic is in search of these essential nutrients missing from the diet and replaces them via alcohol.
- Balancing health and brain chemistry is believed to reduce the likelihood of relapse for alcoholics.
An Ortho Molecular therapist will customize a nutritional program designed to reduce or eliminate symptoms of alcohol dependency.
Many modern diets are high in calories and low in nutrients. An alcoholic is in search of these essential nutrients missing from the diet and attempts to replace them via alcohol. Your therapist will replace these empty calories with rich and nourishing foods that will assist in balancing brain chemistry.
Sugar will be eliminated from the diet completely as it is considered the main source of addiction. Most alcoholics are suspected to have developed a sugar addiction in childhood that later develops into alcoholism. Alcohol is essentially liquid sugar.
Diet alone will not be sufficient to reduce the symptoms of alcoholism and will likely be complimented with vitamin therapy focusing on the B vitamins and Vitamin C.
This program must be customized by an Ortho Molecular therapist
Vitamin C - 1,000 mg every hour until a single episode of diarrhea then reduce dosage to 1,000 mg every few hours.
High doses of vitamin C neutralize the toxic products of alcohol metabolism
B50 Complex tablet - this must have 50 mg of each B vitamin and taken 6 times daily
L-Glutamine - 2,000 to 3,000 mg (reduces cravings for alcohol)